Thursday, January 1, 2015

Three Things

The year 2014 has passed and a new year is ahead of us. To all those who are still in the holiday mood, to those who still have a hangover on the Christmas season, to those who are thinking about starting over, I strongly recommend that you watch this video.

Personally, I do not write New Year's Resolutions. Why? I just don't know. It's just not part of my routine. Then, I happen to stumble upon this video. I watched it, then I watched it again. Then, I recommend it to friends who also think that it is a good advice. So, before I go back to the professional world, I have decided to post something about the video that I have watched.

The WHY

In the video, Jorge is discussing about the three important things that you need to succeed in life and in business. The first thing that Jorge discusses about is the WHY. Simple question, but it will really got you thinking. In my case, I've been thinking, for weeks already about what my WHY is. Why am I doing this job? Why am I even in this job? Why am I questioning myself about this?

First answer that popped in my mind is I'm old enough to get a job. Evaluating that reason, it's not even close to good. Next, money. Well, money is a big factor in life. But then again, as I evaluated, if I need money, I can put up a business of my own and gain my own money instead of working for others so they can grow more money. So, money is out now. Stability? It can also be related to money but a job will never guarantee your stability.


The GOAL

The goal is something that you should always keep in your mind and in your heart. I may sound cheesy, but people who have been working for quite a long time forgets about their goal. At first, they are so persistent and eager to pursue their goal but in the long run, they became survivors - survivors who try to get through each day. They have forgotten the reason why they started on that work or business. Some people also give up on their dream because they have forgotten their goal.


The PROCESS

Having the WHY and the GOAL does not guarantee success in business and life. You must have a process. A step-by-step process on how to attain your goal is the best way to reach your goal. This way, you can track what stage you are on, whether you are near your goal or far from your goal. You can also manage the things around and be in control of everything that can possibly happen. You can monitor what is hindering you from achieving your goal and what is helping you.





As for me, here's my why.
"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart as working for the Lord, not for men."
Colossians 3:23


No comments:

Post a Comment